OKAY! I’ll Wear a Hat.
I have to start wearing hats this summer. I learned my lesson last weekend after multiple applications of 82 SPF sunscreen (that smelled like bug spray) still left me browned. I have a thing about hats, though. There seems to be so much attitude required to wear them, attitude I just don’t possess. Hats feel costume-y to me. Not to mention that this season it’s hard to wear a hat and not look like a music festival-attending clone. And they mess up my hair.
One of these might be worth the sacrifices (and for not much of a financial sacrifice; they’re all under $50).
- Betmar braided cloche – Wear this just to be able to say, “cloche.”
- Anthopologie Almagest floppy hat – Pure ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s.’
- Forever 21 straw fedora – Only $6.50, but it’s made out of paper. They are probably not kidding when they say Do Not Wash.
- San Diego Hat Company brown crushable ribbon hat– Crushable means packable.
- Wallaroo Sonoma hat UPF 50+ – UPF stands for Ultraviolet Protection Factor. Like SPF that’s not applied to your skin.
- Y-3 black cotton twill hat – Urban chic.
- Forever 21 striped floppy hat – A classic, at just $12.80.